2023 Ram 2500 at Fraser Durham Chrysler
The most advanced heavy duty Ram pickup truck ever, the 2023 Ram 2500 is a dependable workhorse that you can trust for any job. With multiple engine options, a variety of cab and bed length configurations, as well as seven (7) unique trim levels to choose from, there’s sure to be a perfect Ram 2500 for everyone. Existing between its Ram 1500 (and Classic) and Ram 3500 siblings, the Ram 2500 offers incredible versatility in balancing a luxurious style with top-tier performance. Continue reading below as our team of Ram pickup truck experts here at Fraser Durham Chrysler have highlighted the key features, capability figures and model updates of the 2023 Ram 2500, available for sale right here at our Oshawa, Ontario showroom.
Exterior Design & Features
LED Lighting Fixtures
With the Ram 2500’s available bifunctional LED projector headlamps, get a better view while driving and benefit from the modern and stylish look that it adds to the pickup truck. These bright lighting fixtures provide an enhanced view of the road ahead, especially in low‑light conditions, ideal for the unpredictable winter weather conditions of Southern Ontario.
Configurable Body Styles
With three (3) cabs configurations, two (2) rear cargo box sizes, and three (3) available bed lengths, configure your 2023 Ram 2500 to meet your needs. With the standard two-door Regular Cab, four-door Crew Cab, and extended length Mega Cab, equip your pickup truck to suit whatever needs you require of it.
Special Appearance Packages
Specialization continues even further with the Ram 2500 thanks to its terrific package options. For a bold and aggressive appearance,
- Sport Appearance Package: A bold and aggressive design that features a blacked-out interior, body-colour door handles, front/rear bumpers and an imposing grille surround. Available on Big Horn© and Laramie© models.
- Night Edition: Embraces a full-black colour scheme with 20-inch wheels, exterior accents and a sleek black grille. Available on Big Horn©, Laramie© & Limited models.
- Chrome Appearance Package: Look at home out in the country and in the city with bright chrome front & rear bumpers, grille surround and 18-inch chrome clad wheels. Available on Ram 2500 Tradesman models.
|Base Model Dimensions:||Regular Cab (8-ft Box)||Crew Cab (6-ft-4-inch Box)||Crew Cab (8-ft Box)||Mega Cab (6-ft-4-inch Box)|
|Length (mm/in)||5,982 / 232||6,066 / 238.8||6,626 / 260.8||6,348 / 249.9|
|Width (mm/in)||2,120 / 83.5||2,120 / 83.5||2,120 / 83.5||2,120 / 83.5|
|Height (4×2) (mm/in)||1,981 / 78.0||1,987 / 78.2||1,983 / 78.1||N/A|
|Height (4×4) (mm/in)||2,037 / 80.2||2,037 / 80.2||2,035 / 80.1||2,036 / 80.1|
|Wheelbase (mm/in)||3,560 / 140.2||3,785 / 149.1||4,293 / 169||4,074 / 160.4|
|Box Length (mm/in)||2,496.5 / 98.3||1,938.5 / 76.3||2,496.5 / 98.3||1,938.5 / 76.3|
|Box Width (wall-to-wall) (mm/in)||1,686.9 / 66.4||1,686.9 / 66.4||1,686.9 / 66.4||1,686.9 / 66.4|
|Box Width (wheelhouse-to-wheelhouse) (mm/in)||1,295.4 / 51||1,295.4 / 51||1,295.4 / 51||1,295.4 / 51|
|Box Height (mm/in)||513 / 20.2||511.1 / 20.1||513 / 20.2||511.1 / 20.1|
Interior Design & Features
Top Shelf Materials & Design
The 2023 Ram 2500 is available with a plethora of amenities that are designed to ensure the comfortability and convenience of everyone on board. Made from some of the most high-quality materials available, the Limited and Laramie Longhorn trim levels both offer 100% leather seats. Seat options vary for your preferences, from the standard bench to the available captains’ chairs, and further available through vinyl or leather materials, depending on if you favour more hard-work or luxury style. Being a utility pickup truck after all, there’s plenty of storage that complements the truck, like the RamBox© Cargo Management System, the interior storage bins and centre-armrest console storage.
|Dimensions:||Regular Cab||Crew Cab||Mega Cab|
|Headroom (front) (mm/in)||1,011 / 39.8||1,038 / 40.9||1,038 / 40.9|
|Headroom (rear) (mm/in)||1,011 / 39.8||1,010 / 39.8||1,023 / 40.3|
|Legroom (front) (mm/in)||1,040 / 40.9||1,040 / 40.9||1,040 / 40.9|
|Legroom (rear) (mm/in)||1,040 / 40.9||1,022 / 40.2||1,096 / 43.1|
|Shoulder Room (front) (mm/in)||1,675 / 65.9||1,675 / 65.9||1,675 / 65.9|
|Shoulder Room (rear) (mm/in)||1,675 / 65.9||1,666 / 65.6||1,667 / 65.6|
|Hip Room (front) (mm/in)||1,598 / 62.9||1,598 / 62.9||1,598 / 62.9|
|Hip Room (rear) (mm/in)||1,598 / 62.9||1,593 / 62.7||1,595 / 62.8|
|Interior Volume (L/cu-ft)||1,770 / 62.5||3,528 / 124.6||4,021 / 142|
|Space Behind Second Row (L/cu-ft)||N/A||N/A||343 / 12.1|
Available Uconnect© 5 NAV Multimedia Centre
Get a clear view of all of your entertainment, connectivity and more through the available 8.4- and 12-inch Uconnect© 5 centre touchscreen displays. Access everything from the built–in navigation system, vehicle setting, as well as seamless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. The digital displays continue into the in-cluster display, with a fully-customizable 7-inch full-colour display, putting vital vehicle information such as current speed, oil temperature and fuel economy, directly in your line of sight.
Harman/Kardon© Premium Sound System
Pump out your favourite songs through the available harman/kardon Premium Sound System. Enjoy crisp, clear, high-fidelity audio through the system’s 17 strategically placed speakers and 8-inch, 750 watts subwoofer. Available on select 2023 Ram 2500 models.
Digital Rearview Mirror with Integrated Side Camera
Enjoy unobstructed rear and side views of this large vehicle, thanks to the available Digital Rearview Mirror with side camera integration. This convenient feature projects three real‑time camera views onto the built-in LCD monitor in the truck’s rear view mirror. With a simple push of a button, you’ll be able to view the areas to the left, right directly behind your Ram 2500.
Capability & Performance
Multiple Powertrain Options
Simply put, the 2023 Ram 2500 engines deliver awe-inspiring power and torque with its two hard-working powertrains that outperform its competitors. The standard 6.4-litre HEMI© engine holds the title of having best-in-class horsepower, generating 410 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of heavy duty torque. It’s not done there, with a Gross Combined Weight Rating of 10,866 kgs (24,000 lbs) this is an engine that only knows tough work. The available 6.7-litre Cummins turbo-diesel engine represents the modern iteration of Dodge Ram’s storied history with these powerhouse engines. Generating a respectable 370 horsepower and a staggering 850 lb-ft of torque, if you’re in the market for a true heavy duty, hard working pickup truck, a Cummins-equipped 2023 Ram 2500 is the vehicle for you.
Impressive Towing Machine
Regardless of which powertrain option you choose, the 2023 Ram 2500 is a hard working, heavy-load towing machine. When equipped with the 6.4-litre gasoline HEMI© V8 engine, the pickup truck boasts an impressive maximum towing capacity of up to 7,974 kg (17,580 lbs)! When equipped with the available Cummins turbo-diesel engine, the Ram 2500 truly shines amongst its heavy-duty competitors, boasting an exceptional maximum towing capacity of up to. 8,927 kg (19,680 lbs)!
Not only is the 2023 Ram 2500 powerful, it also makes light work of attaching your load. Thanks to convenient towing features such as a backup camera with a dynamic centreline display, as well as the Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension that allows you to lower the back of the truck for easy attachment. Drive with confidence towing heavy weights, thanks to the truck’s Multilink Coil Spring Rear Suspension system that delivers equal measures of strength and stability, keeping you fully in control of your load. Furthermore, An available 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Group is the secret weapon that gets the Ram 2500 up to that heavy towing capability, balancing control and power.
|Specifications||6.4L HEMI© VVT V8||6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel I-6|
|Transmission||8-Speed Automatic||6-Speed Automatic (Available)|
|Max Payload Capacity (kgs/lbs)||3,680 / 8,113||2,790 / 6,151|
|Max Towing Capacity (kgs/lbs)||7,974 / 17,580||8,927 / 19,680|
|Gross Combined Weight Rating (kgs/lbs)||10,977 / 24,200||12,542 / 27,650|
Safety & Driver Assistance
Advanced Driver Assistance Technologies
Drive with confidence on the road, thanks to the 2023 Ram 2500’s advanced assistance features like a Blind‑Spot Monitoring System, Lane Keep Assist, Forward Collision Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop. These ingenious features help you avoid collisions and allows you to enjoy a comfortable and assisted driving experience, no matter where you’re going.
Camera functionality abounds across the 2023 Ram 2500, centred around the 360-degree Surround-View Camera that lets you have an unobstructed view of everything around your truck. Extremely helpful especially for attaching trailers, parking and highway driving, this feature is standard on all 2023 Ram 2500 models. Furthermore, the available Centre High-Mount Stop Lamp Camera allows you to keep an eye on the contents of your cargo box, while also providing an additional way to view your attached trailer.
2023 Ram 2500 Trim Levels
TradesmanStarting at $59,990*
– 6.4L HEMI® V8 with 410 HP & 429 lb-ft of Torque
– Class V Hitch Receiver with 4- & 7-Pin Wiring Harness
– Heavy-Duty Vinyl 40/20/40 Front Bench Seat
– 5-Inch Uconnect® 3 Multimedia Centre with SiriusXM® Guardian Services
Big HornStarting at $62,940*
Features vs. Tradesman:
– 18-Inch Polished Steel Wheels
– Electronic Trailer Brake Control
– Electronic Shift-On-The-Fly Transfer Case
– Black, Power-Adjust, Heated 7×11-Inch Manual Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors, with Supplemental Turn Signals and Courtesy Lamps
RebelStarting at $80,490*
Features vs. Big Horn:
– Fuel Tank and Transfer Case Skid Plates
– Premium 12‑Inch Colour Frameless Digital Gauge Cluster
– Front and Rear Performance‑Tuned Bilstein® Monotube Shocks, Rear Limited‑Slip Differential and Rear Electronic Locker
– Heated Front Cloth Bench Seat with Power Driver Adjust and Embossed Tread Pattern Inserts
Power WagonStarting at $82,390*
Features vs. Rebel:
– Front Disconnecting Stabilizer Bar
– Raised Ride Height with Ram Articulink® Suspension
– Tru-Lok® Front and Rear Locking Differentials
– Unique Power Wagon® Grille, Interior and Exterior Badging
LaramieStarting at $83,990*
Features vs. Big Horn:
– 18‑Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
– Power 10‑Way Driver and 6‑Way Passenger Seats
– Air Conditioning with Dual‑Zone Automatic Temperature Control
– Leather‑Faced Heated Front Bench Seat and Heated Leather‑Wrapped Steering Wheel
Limited LonghornStarting at $98,190*
Features vs. Laramie:
– Premium Limited LonghornTM Instrument Cluster and Interior Accents
– Premium Leather Heated/Ventilated Front Bucket and Heated Rear Seats
– Premium Leather‑Wrapped/Wood Steering Wheel and Leather‑Wrapped Shift Knob
– Uconnect® 5 NAV with 8.4‑Inch Touchscreen, GPS Navigation, Ram Connected Services, Apple CarPlay Support and Android Auto Compatibility
LimitedStarting at $101,790*
Features vs. Laramie Longhorn:
– 20‑Inch Chrome Aluminum Wheels
– Premium Leather Front Bucket Seats
– Blind‑Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross‑Path Detection, Luxury Door-Trim Panel with Wood Accents